مرحبآ !

من خلال التسجيل في صفحات نسوة يمكنك ذلك من المشاركه وتبادل الآفكار الأيحابيه مع زميلاتك

آشتركي معنا الآن !

What is the difference between formal and informal in talking

lulucaty

إنضم
9 يونيو 2007
المشاركات

[Formal speech and writing is sometimes different from informal speech and writing. In English there are certain words and structures which are mostly used in formal situations. There are also certain words and structures for informal situations.

Use of Contraction
Contracted auxiliary verbs and negatives are common in informal speech and writing. They are not normally used in formal situations.

He has gone. (Formal)
He's gone. (Informal)
I am ready. (Formal)
I'm ready. (Informal)
Use of prepositions
Prepositions can come at the end of certain structures in informal language. This is not possible in formal language.

Which nation does she belong to? (Informal)
To which nation does she belong? (Formal)
Use of relative pronouns
In informal speech, the relative pronoun can be dropped when it is the object of the clause.

The woman who you are talking about is my boss. (Formal)
The woman you are talking about is my boss. (Informal)
The movie which I saw yesterday was really nice. (Formal)
The movie I saw yesterday was really nice. (Informal)
You can usually decide whether a relative pronoun is an object because it is normally followed by another subject + verb.

Use of determiners
Some determiners are followed by singular verbs in formal language and plural verbs in informal language.

Neither of the answers is correct. (Formal)
Neither of the answers are correct. (Informal) ]

منقول

جونار

إنضم
11 يوليو 2010
المشاركات
Thanks alot dear lulucaty.your participation is more than wonderful . I myself benifit from it a great deal. Waiting for your coming . Waiting for the best. Waiting for the best.

أعلى